On Sunday, 7/19/2015, Willem AC0KQ traveled to the club's Squaw Mountain repeater site to work on the power amplifier of 145.145. The 145.145 output has once again been fluctuating. Willem implemented a slightly different repair than last time. He also brought additional test equipment to optimize the power amplifier tuning for maximum efficiency and reduced heating. This should be a good long-term fix.
[Update 7/18/2015] On Saturday, Dave WA1JHK traveled to the club's Conifer repeater site and powered up the link node that did not power back on after a site power failure. Dave also installed a battery backup system to prevent future issues of this type.
[7/5/2015] The link hardware at Conifer is down. It didn't recover from the most recent power event up there. We'll reboot the link hardware as soon as possible. We have also ordered a backup power system to protect this hardware from future power problems.
[Update 6/13/2015] The 147.225 IRLP/Echolink/Autopatch has been repaired. Thanks to Matt KB0KZR for going to the site to resolve the issue with the IRLP node. Note that this does not yet enable the node and autopatch to be used on 145.460 and 145.160. That investigation is continuing.
On Saturday, May 5, Dave, WA1JHK, and Willem, AC0KQ traveled to the club's Conifer repeater site. Here's a summary of what we got done.
-- we fixed the problem causing intermittent autopatch access on 147.225. It's still not working from 145.160 and 145.460 -- that problem is still be investigated.
-- we removed the broken 224.980 repeater hardware to prepare for the installation of the new 224.980 repeater hardware.
[Update 4/11/2015] On Saturday April 11th, Willem AC0KQ led a team (see photo below) of Dave KD8BQN, Andy K0MGX, and Patrick W4PSS hiking up to the Squaw Mountain repeater site loaded with a replacement power amp, test equipment and tools to repair the 145.145 repeater. The repair trip was a success. After months of running low power, then extremely low power, 145.145 is once again running at its full power output. Thanks to the team for making this happen!
[Update 4/6/2015] A trip is planned on Saturday 4/11 to repair the power problem on 145.145.
[Update 4/7/2015] The 224.980 repeater was built in 1988 from a new Microcontrol Specialties repeater. Other than its frequency drifting, the hardware has been very reliable. Well, it has finally died. New repeater hardware is being tested to replace it. Installation is planned by the end of May.
[9/3/2014] We have received and confirmed a report that the 224.980 transmitter is not being heard in the Denver area. A Conifer site trip is planned to investigate this further.
[Update: 3/21/2015] Dave travelled to the CRA's Cheyenne Mountain site to repair the link node hardware. The hard drive was replaced and the link was restored.
[Update: 3/16/2015] We have confirmed that the link from 145.160 to 147.225 is down. Parts have been ordered. We expect the repair to be completed by 3/22.
[3/12/2015] We have reports of the link from 145.160 in Colorado Springs to 147.225 in Denver intermittently not being available. Troubleshooting is planned for the weekend of 3/14/2015.
[Update 10/26/2014, WA1JHK] On Sunday, Dave WA1JHK, Doug K2AD, Willem AC0KQ and Lexi N0LXI again traveled to the club's Squaw mountain site to finish up the tasks that didn't get done on Saturday.
This morning, Lexi N0LXI and Dave WA1JHK traveled to Lee Hill to install the link hardware to allow 145.460 to once again link to 147.225, 224.980, and 145.160. The hardware has been under test on Dave's workbench for the last several weeks in preparation for this installation. Thanks for your patience as we got all this running!
We're interested in hearing of any issues with the link system. Let us know. Thanks!